Sunday, 2 July 2017

All About The Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette

Well, if you haven't heard about the Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette you must have been living under a rock as I think everybody and their grandmothers hyped over this when Urban Decay dropped it the other week. I got mine in the presale on the 12th June but never got round to it because exams *yawn* leaving me wondering whether it was even worth doing this post as everybody already knows about it but I took a heck of a lot of photos of the beauty so it just seemed essential.
 So before I get started with the gorgeous colours, I will give the boring details out. I am not one to usually buy expensive makeup as a drugstore gal through and through so this is my first Urban Decay Naked Palette as although the others are stunning none struck me as 'my perfect palette' but I love a good burnt orange and warm tones so at £39 I went for it. Even though I am still contemplating my life decision as it was mid exam season where I treated myself more often than I should of and is now the most expensive makeup item I own so I will take the price into consideration as I go through. 

First up, the packaging. As I expect all Urban Decay palettes come, it arrived in a box. No surprises there. But the aesthetics of the box and the palette itself are gorgeous with the orange and amber hues which just scream summer which I am all for but it is quite heavy meaning the practicalities of it for travelling aren't the best.
 Onto the shades from left to right:
Ounce: The perfect white shade to set the lid.
Chaser: A cream shade also perfect to set the lid.
Sauced: A warm taupe great as a transition shade
Low blow: A slightly darker transition shade
Lumbre: Possibly my favourite shadow as it is slightly duo-chromed as it is a shimmery amber but slightly copper, slightly burgundy which I find changes depending on what colour or light it is in.
He Devil: Burnt orange for the crease.
Dirty Talk: A gorgeous amber shimmer
Scorched: A pinker toned shimmer
Cayenne: Great for deepening the crease
En Fuego: A deep burgundy
Ashes: Appears more purple but is actually a dark brown great for further deepening the crease or smokey liner. 
Ember: A dark brown shimmer.

I would say the colour selection is beautiful and perfect for anyone who loves a warm smokey eye however it is virtually impossible to create a soft, light suitable look and I would have loved a copper shade but I already have a thousand and one in my selection so it doesn't bother me. However, the pigmentation of the matte shades are probably the best I have ever used and the shimmers appear beautifully. They also have an incredible staying power even without primer and blend out so well. However, I would say the shadows are comparable in quality to my Zoeva and Smashbox palettes which were £20 so I am still left contemplating whether the price is a tad over the top.


What do you think of the new Naked palette?

♥︎ 

6 comments:

  1. This palette is at the top of my wish list, its absolutely flipping gorgeous!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! the aesthetics give me life!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad they are starting to include more matte shades, this is the first Naked palette that I've been drawn to in a long time! :)

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. All the rest are gorgeous but this is just a whole new level!

      Delete
  3. I really wanted to try this and you sold it to me until I read that at the end! Do you think if I am looking to get this I should just go for a cheaper alternative? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is an amazing palette but I do reach for the cheaper ones just as often but the colour selection is unique to Naked Heat. I am glad i bought it but I would say look into whether you would actually use all the colours or if another palette such as Zoeva Cocoa Blend or Smashbox ablaze is more your sort of thing!

      Delete