Friday, 23 December 2016

Festive Makeup and Outfit

Christmas is the perfect time to dress up and get glam, so I always look forward to finding the perfect outfit and complimentary makeup. Of course I go for the classic gold eye and red lip on many of the occasions and for my dress I went for something I had nothing similar to.

I started off applying my usual foundation and eyebrow routine which you can find HERE in my winter look. I then went onto eyes using some KIKO shadows which have became my go to and have quite an obsession for buying due to the amazing quality but unbelievable affordable price especially as the shops seem to have amazing sales ALL THE TIME. So I began using Urban Decay Shadow in the shade Riff in the crease as a transition shade before applying KIKO's shade 10 which is beautiful rich warm brown in the outer corner to deepen the socket. Then for the intense shimmer I love this season i used KIKO's Wet and Dry Shadows in and packed that all over the main part of my lid which is so pretty and glittery. I then did a classic flick of liner using Soap and Glory Supercat and then lashings of Lancome Hypnose Mascara. 
For lips I used Rimmel's 01 which is my go to this season.

Onto Outfit, I actually bought the dress from Rare London as I was after something a bit different and velvet seemed to be cropping up everywhere due to being on the catwalk for A/W16. Although I had never bought anything from here before the quality is amazing and I think it looks really pretty and festive. I then paired it with some over the knee Boots - again something very out my comfort zone and then because its Christmas the tackiest earrings I could find from Primark, but lets be real I hardly did it as a fashion statement. I also went for a dainty necklace I received as a gift. Then of course as its cold my black coat with a fur collar which I bought last year so I sadly can't link to.

♥︎

2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely outfit for Christmas. I love the colour too. Very warming and pretty. Best wishes. Merry Christmas. Xx

    Keep Calm and start writing -
    www.23millymay25.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete