Sunday, 11 December 2016

Christmas Party Makeup Look | Smoky Eyes & Nude Lip

I do love a good Christmas party and mainly because it's an extra excuse to dress up and get glam so I went for a bit of a different look with a dark smokey eye and nude lip as not everyone wants to go for the traditional gold eye, red lip combo but don't fear that will come very soon as if you have read my blog for a while you will know it is my go to.

So for this look, I started with the L'Oreal True Match Foundation which is my holy grail at the minute, then to conceal any blemishes I used the trusty Collection Lasting Perfection and the Seventeen Let's Face It Palette which is slightly higher coverage which I placed on dark circles. I then moved onto Contour using Benefit Hoola on a flat contour brush and then buffed it out with Soap & Glory Solar Powder around the edge of my face. I then left the skin as I wanted it to be natural and the eyes to be the main focus.
For eyes, I used a mix of MAC shadows and Maybelline The Nudes Palette, I used MAC's Cork in the crease as a transition shade then deepened it using Aromatic also by MAC. Then for the lid I used Don't Tell to add a slight shimmer but optionally, glitter can be added which would look stunning. for the outer V and beneath my eye I used the Black shade from Maybelline. To finish I did a line of Soap & Glory Supercat liner. Onto brows I used a wax which I don't usually go for from the Rimmel Brow This Way range. 

Finally, for lips, I wore Rimmel East End Snob liner and for an ombre effect I used a metallic Shade in the centre featured in a Seventeen Lip Palette which you can see in my Christmas Essentials (link here) as it also has some beautiful Reds.

♥︎
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment