Thursday, 22 December 2016

Christmas Mince Pie Traybake

If you love Mince pies like me, you will love this! Especially if you need something a bit different last minute as a nice dessert. Personally I love it slightly warm but its equally nice cold and as I said it is last minute so only takes around 30 minutes and very little ingredients.

Ingredients:

150g butter
1/2 tbsp mixed spice
150g plain flour
125g ground almonds
65g brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
300g mincemeat

Method:
I began by putting all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mixed them together.

I then melted the butter until it was slightly browned then left to cool before pouring it in and combing it with the dry ingredients until just before it formed a doughy consistency so it made small crumb/ nugget like pieces of dough.

I then put half the mixture into a lined tray and pushed it down so it was compact. I then poured all the mincemeat on top and again flattened. Finally I crumbled the remaining dough like mixture on top so it looks like crumbs.

This then went into the oven at 170c for 20- 25 minutes.

Finally enjoy!


♥︎

No comments:

Post a Comment