Sunday, 7 August 2016

Tips on Being Confident


I used to struggle so much with confidence, from caring how I looked to just being socially awkward and although I wouldn't say I am completely confident now in every situation, I can tell you now I wouldn't be posing in that photo a few years ago.

 I thought I would share a few tips especially as it might help some of you at this time of year if you are starting a new school, college or just a big change in life.

Don't Care What Others Think

This is probably more helpful if you struggle with body confidence or something that you don't like about yourself, for me it used to be my teeth as they stuck out and I was always conscious of them until I got a brace however I found that people were more concerned over their own personal insecurities than whether my teeth slightly resembled a rabbit and those that did comment with 'Bugs Bunny' were also probably trying to cover their own insecurities to make themselves feel better, but just think they are the ones with the problem and ignore it.

Go Out of Your Comfort Zone

To improve confidence it's a great idea to go and do something you have always wanted to do such as an activity to go into a new environment with new people, or saying Yes to going to a party where you only know one person. Even though it might seem scary, most people are nice and will happily talk back. If you find it hard to make conversations just ask the person about themselves and what they like to see if you have anything in common and before you know it the conversation flows more easily.

Fake It 'Til You Make It

One thing I tried to do especially if it came to presentation in class is not look nervous just go and do whatever you aren't comfortable in, the more you practise it the more you will realise no one has said anything bad about the way you look or made fun of you, therefore, theres no reason why you shouldn't be yourself.

Surround Yourself With Things You Love

Everyone has area's where we aren't confident but on the other hand by doing the things we are confident in can drastically improve how good you feel about yourself. When I was in Year 10 I noticed my confidence got better and at that point, I had friends I felt completely comfortable with and now when I have the best-est friends ever who I do the most fun things with therefore feel confident to be myself and say and do what I think. So with those 'happy' places I learnt my confidence before using it in the big wide world!

Change It

Now I wasn't sure whether to include this as I am very much for accepting yourself but as this is what I did I couldn't really gloss over the fact my confidence fully came when I had straight teeth and without a brace I wouldn't feel as comfortable having photos took or general day to day things. However I don't believe a physical change solves everything overnight but usually, the key is maybe to change the people you hang out with if they put you down or something in your daily life is causing it. Life is what you make it and change isn't always a bad thing.

♥︎

6 comments:

  1. Fake it till you make it is one of my favourite sayings and definitely something I need to try living by myself a little more. Loved this! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helped my confidence grow!

      Delete
  2. Such great tips! Stepping out of your comfort zone is a wonderful way to grow and become more confident :)


    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice tips! They helped me a few years ago. Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow my blog there, I'll follow your blog back!!! https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete