Tuesday, 5 July 2016

My New Hair | My Experience with Balayage

Brown, Balayage, Blonde, Hairstyle, Curly, Salon, Hairdressers
Brown, Balayage, Blonde, Hairstyle, Curly, Salon, Hairdressers
If you are following my social medias you may have seen I recently had my hair dyed, my first time ever! I decided to go with Balayage a technique which is becoming more popular for the summer but also means I don't have to go for those root top ups every 6 weeks which was the one thing putting me off from dying my hair.
If you aren't familiar with the term Balayage it's a free hand technique done in a salon creating a sunkissed glow that fades to the end of the hair with some pieces being lighter and others darker. I would compare it to a mixture of ombre and highlights. I really don't know why I didn't do this earlier it adds so much more texture and body to my hair which is one thing my hair really needed due to being so long so I am super happy with it!
When I went to my hairdressers we discussed the type of thing I was going for then she showed me a mammoth board of shades I could go for, I decided to go for shades that wouldn't go to brassy over time but still had some warmth as we felt that would suit me more than cool toned blondes. When at the hairdressers if you are thinking of getting it done it is probably easiest to show them a few pictures and then decide what's the best way. However, this can be quite expensive as it takes a very long time and a lot of precision however will last around 6-12 months or longer if you don't cut much off and keep it in good condition, it's definitely worth it!

♥︎

8 comments:

  1. Your hair looks absolutely beautiful. What a lovely idea for summer time hair. Xx

    Best wishes ...

    Keep Calm and start writing ~
    23millymay25.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks sooooo goood! I've been wanting to do similar with my hair but I wasn't sure about it! :)

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks gorgeous! Really fancying a change for Summer since I have such dark hair and want to go a bit lighter :) definitely fancy trying this! x

    Liv | Ramblings of a Makeup Lover

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I love your blog so much; you have a really beautiful design! I really love the way you have dyed your hair; it looks gorgeous! I have followed your blog because I think it’s so good!!! I would love it if you had a look at my blog; I’m a very passionate blogger but I’m quite new and really need the support! Perhaps we could become friends? Thank you so much, Jeani xxx www.jeanithoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete