Sunday, 17 July 2016

Carrot Cupcake Recipe

Apart from make-up, baking is one of my biggest passions and since I have had a lot of free time and the British summer weather has been more rain than sun I have been doing a great deal and what better than make my all time favourite cake into a cupcake.
Ingredients:
Cupcakes:
2 Large Peeled, Grated Carrots
100g Light Brown Sugar
80g Butter
80g Golden Syrup
2 Medium Eggs
150g Self Raising Flour
1/2tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1tsp Ground Cinnamon
Pinch Of Salt

Topping:
140g Butter
280g Icing Sugar
1-2tbsp Milk
Chopped Walnuts to decorate

I began by preheating the oven to 180c and lined a cupcake tray with 12 cases before moving onto making the cakes themselves.

Combine the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan over a medium heat until fully melted then remove from heat and stir in self raising flour, carrot, cinnamon, salt, eggs and bicarbonate of soda (basically all the other ingredients) Mix this into a smooth batter.

Spoon into cases and cook for 20-25 minutes.

Once cooked leave to cool and make the butter icing by mixing the butter, icing sugar and milk.

Finally decorate and enjoy! 



♥︎

10 comments:

  1. I want to climb into my screen and kiss you for this recipe. Thank you THANK YOU. I freakin' LOVE carrot cake...so what could be better than lots of mini little carrot cakes?! Bookmarking to make this weekend.

    Katie xx ¦ ♥ La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha thank YOU for reading and enjoying! Is there anything better than carrot cake?!

      Delete
  2. Carrot cake is possibly my favourite flavour cake; the smell, the taste everything about them. And I like to think they're not too unhealthy ;)

    Francesca |https://francescaroseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fab and surely the carrot counts as one of you five a day ;) ahah x

      Delete
  3. These look so good - I love carrot cake.

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend trying them out!

      Delete
  4. these look yummy! Def trying them at the weekend.

    G

    www.teawithgi.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks absolutely delicious! Love your photography too lovely x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were! and thank you so much lovely x

      Delete