Tuesday, 7 June 2016

Summer Lips & Nails

 This has become a bit of a tradition every season change here on my blog sharing the lipsticks I think  are perfect du to my slight addiction to trying out new ones, however to mix it up I have added in a couple of nail varnishes too so lets get started!
I think I go on about these too MAC Lipsticks way too much and if you're a regular reader you are probably sick of them but I swear by these. MAC Girl About Town is a solid favourite all summer and if you have blue eyes it really brings them out and I don't really know why and of course being MAC it is known for the amazing longevity and colour pay off in the amplified formula. Secondly MAC Mehr is a definite pick me up colour and if I feel my makeup looks a bit rubbish I feel it makes me look a bit better and is amazing if I am wearing an orange that I usually find hard to pair with a lipstick.

This is a very recent purchase from my new love for matte nude lips, the NYX Soft matte lip creme in the shade Milan is on the more pink side of nude and you can definitely tell its on the lips however isn't too in your face, I would say it was the perfect mix of Girl About Town and Mehr which was just made for me. At only £5.50 its great value for money however doesn't last very long and can't be applied in a rush however it goes on lovely and creamy.


On the nail front I picked out my two go to colours, I usually then apply the Barry M Matte Top Coat on top of these as I have been LOVING the matte nails even if it was so last year. This Essie Polish in Rearrange was a bit daring for me as I usually stick to a nice pink or pinky nude however when I received this in a Mailbox kindly sent to me I fell in love and is an amazing pop of colour to an otherwise bland outfit for instance a white dress and this would be amazing!

I have also been removing an old favourite which I really need to repurchase as its a bit dried up but the Rimmel Polish in Funtime Fuchsia is an amazing pop of pink it also dries in just over 60 seconds which is great for someone as impatient as me as I always put off doing my nails due to more times than not I smudge or chip them within the first ten minutes!

What's your perfect Summer Lip or Nail?

♥︎ 

8 comments:

  1. I love the Nyx soft matte lip creams! The Mac lip sticks look so pretty as well as the nail polishes! Great post! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Essie nail colour looks amazing!!! Need to get my hands on it :D

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mac's Mehr! It definitely is a pick me up color. :-)

    JennyLovesBeauty♥


    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveee NYX and Essie products! They are both so amazing!
    http://www.flauntandcenter.com

    ReplyDelete