Tuesday, 21 June 2016

Favourite Contour and Highlight Duo


Like most, I jumped onto the contour and highlight bandwagon as the effect it gives when done correctly looks amazing however it is a lot more difficult than I first realised with the mammoth task of deciding what product out of the huge army on offer is right for your skin whether it should be cream or powder, the correct shade and then the actual learning to apply it like a pro (that last part I am still trying to master). 

However I think I have finally found two go to, holy grail products that I keep grabbing over any other product and thats Benefit's Hoola Bronzer and Soap and Glory Glow All Out Cream Stick in Ice Shimmer.

I had put off buying Benefit Hoola Bronzer on the fear it wouldn't match my skin tone so at the price I didn't want too waste my money making my ghostly complexion into an orange however I couldn't have been more wrong. I use the brush inside as it is the perfect brush for the cheekbones and then use a smaller brush by Real Techniques if I am going all out contouring my nose or lips. I also love the fact it is matte as I can never get on very well if it has a shimmer, this also lasts all day. 

Onto highlight I apply this Soap and Glory cream to the tops of my cheekbones, beneath my brow bone, centre of nose and cupids bow as it gives a lovely shimmer and attracts the light bringing them out rather than just bits of glitter making me look like a disco ball which I have found with most other highlights especially powder. I find it emphasises the parts of my face I want making my cheeks look fuller. The colour also compliments my skin tone as its a gorgeous champagne and lasts all day which I did not expect as usually cream products don't agree with my ever so oily skin.

What are your Holy Grail Contour and Highlight Products?
♥︎

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like great products! I have been hesitant to buy a good contour/highlight because they aren't things I use in my everyday makeup typically, but I may have to try! Great post :)
    Julia | Julia in Bluhm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really give them a try, the highlights only £8 so worth a try!

      Delete
  2. Glad you like Hoola as much as I do! I kind of discarded the brush but actually you're right it's a great contour shape, might have to get that out again!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use and love both of these products! Hoola is just such a fantastic bronzer for lighter skin shades and glow all out is so pretty! Great post! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete