Wednesday, 29 June 2016

Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes!


I have a massively sweet tooth with my two favourite things being fudge and chocolate so when I discovered a fudge icing recipe that went perfectly in my already much loved chocolate cake recipe so you can only imagine my excitement. This recipe is also not too sickly and very very simple using the 'all in one method' which is great!

Ingredients-
Cake-
175g Butter
150g Caster Sugar
1tbsp Golden Syrup
2Eggs
5tbsp Milk
150g Self Raising Flour
25g Cocoa Powder

Fudge Icing-
50g Butter 
2tbsp Milk
2tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
1Tbsp Golden Syrup
200g Icing Sugar
I started off by making the fudge icing by placing the butter, milk, brown sugar and syrup into a saucepan and melting it on a low heat until there were no lumps and everything was combined.
I then poured this mixture into a bowl and stirred in the icing sugar into a smooth consisitency.

I then left this to cool in the fridge and set whilst the cakes cooked and cooled.

Preheat the oven to 180c 

I started making the cupcakes by measuring all the ingredients into one big bowl and mixed them all together into a lump free, glossy consistency. Make sure to sieve the cocoa powder and flour otherwise it can be grainy!  Then the mix is done told you it was easy!!

I then put two teaspoons of mixture into the cases and cooked for 30-35 minutes.

Once cooled, i stirred the fudge a tiny bit, don't stir it too much otherwise it returns to its previous run y state which will just run off the cakes. I then iced the cakes and severed with strawberrys!


Enjoy! 

♥︎ 

18 comments:

  1. These look SO good.

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look heavenly! Thank so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problem, hope you like them if you bake them!

      Delete
  3. Omg these look so yummy! I am obsessed with anything with chocolate involved so these sound right up my street! Thanks for sharing the recipe! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. who doesn't like chocolate?! Its the best thing! x

      Delete
  4. These look and sound super yummy!xo

    Char | www.charslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so yummy! You are making me very hungry right now xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, glad you liked the post! xx

      Delete
  6. Looks super yummy! Going to try this

    http://www.lauramacij.com/2016/07/office-friendly-look-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to! Let me know if you enjoy!

      Delete
  7. these look so yummy. Whenever I bake, it always goes wrong! xo

    https://57-days.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/4-goals-for-next-3-months.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, perseverance is defiantly the key!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. yes way! so pleased i created this recipe!

      Delete