Sunday, 19 June 2016

Book Corner: The Girl On The Train Review


*NO SPOILERS*

Before I started reading The Girl On The Train I was a bit skeptical as I usually head more towards romance or comedy where as this is a psychological thriller but as I had heard such a hype around it and the film that is going to be released I thought I just had to read it especially as I have a lot of spare time since finishing my exams earlier this month.

The story is set from three points of view Rachel (the girl on the train), Megan and Anna which does get a bit confusing at times leading to me having to think who's diary entry I was reading but after about five chapters I got used to it and ended up finishing this book within a week. I was also very glad it was very fast paced with no dull 'pointless' chapters. 

The story is about a girl named Rachel who is commuting to London on the train everyday passing the street she used to live on with her ex before she became an alcoholic and her whole life unraveled. She sees the same houses and people everyday from the window and one couple she focuses on the most, making a whole new story of there life and obsesses over them. However the couple isn't as perfect as they seem when she sees the woman having an affair before seeing on a newspaper she is missing.

And thats where the gripping, mind boggling story begins which I became seriously addicted to as I have never read anything like it before and it has led to me into ordering a whole lot of other books similar to this. So please leave any recommendations below of similar to this or even completely different books.

♥︎ 

6 comments:

  1. I read this book last summer and loved it - like you, I don't tend to go for these types of books but I really enjoyed it & it has a great plot twist!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plot twist! OMG That was so unexpected, I loved it!

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! This books sounds great!I will have to read it in the summer! I love the book all the bright places which is a romantic, comedy book but it is also really sad! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it really is! That sounds right up my street! x

      Delete
  3. I've heard amazing things about this book! So many people have recommended it and I love that you got addicted to the story, sounds perfect!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must read it! Let me know if you loved it as much as me!

      Delete