Sunday, 8 May 2016

Easy Contouring with Affordable Product!

I think I may have found may holy grail contour kit! I know it's a very big statement but when this came through my door from the lovely Seventeen at Boots excited was an understatement!
First of all my initial reaction was how similar it is to the Nars Duo's which sadly I have never been able to commit that much money too, I got mine in the lightest shade and is perfect for my skin tone, I also love the colour not being too orange or cool toned as I find they can go a bit grey on my skin whilst the highlight was a whole new experience as I had never used a matte highlight before but it is great as prep for a shimmer or too be used on a day to day basis when you just aren't feeling walking around like a glitter ball (lets face it, we all love it nevertheless). 
They are both highly pigmented, and a more than I expected when I suddenly had a huge amount on my face the first time I used it, so little goes a long way, the highlight on my skin needs less blending as I find it is basically my skin tone however the contour blends seamlessly in.

Now onto how I have been applying it, I have been using the contour shade in a three shape in the hollows of my cheeks, temples, forehead and beneath my chin using the Real Techniques Contour Brush which is another fave! Then if I am going all out, I will get a small fluffy eyeshadow brush and run some beneath my lips- because who doesn't want a Kylie Jenner pout- and the sides of my nose. I then go in with the highlight on a more domed fluffy brush and set my under eyes, tops of cheekbones  bridge of my nose and the centre of my forehead again I will probably skip this if I am not doing a full face, and if you have skin on the drier side could probably use this instead of powder. To finish off I bronze my face with Soap and Glory Solar Powder and highlight with Benefit High Beam, both of which were in my April Favourites.

So thats how I have been contouring recently, and it has been made so much easier with this duo!

♥︎ 

7 comments:

  1. Wow this palette looks so nice!I've never seen a matte highlighter before so I will have to check this one out! I love high beam- it was in my April Favourites too! Great post! Xx

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a powder contour this looks like a nice one :)

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    Cat Hampurr Subscription Box April
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently using a bronzer & benefit high beam! This looks really nice & easy to bring anywhere. It's great that it doesn't have strong orange/cool toned shade cause I'm the exact opposite :( Thanks for sharing this xx

    KayleeㅣJK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! and your welcome, glad you enjoyed it x

      Delete