Sunday, 17 April 2016

Making Blue Eyes Pop!

I have always had blue eyes that stand out from when I was little people always used to comment on how blue they are so when I first got my hands on makeup I have always worn makeup to compliment them (excusing that slightly weird period in my life I wore bright blue eyeliner and nothing else) but moving swiftly on I have been absolutely adoring this look of gold with a dark brown smoking it out and very voluminous lashes.


A Gold and Brown Smokey Eye using Drugstore and Highend products, great for blue eyes using brown eye liner, for beginners, easy simple, a look for young and old

This picture doesn't do the gold quite justice but I started off with covering my whole eyelid with gold eyeshadow which is my go to shadow to make my the blue pop. For maximum pigmentation a pigment/loose powder is always my way forward I then blend this out with a big fluffy brush with a light brown transitional shadow. 
Using the Maybelline Nudes Palette to deepen the crease I then used a darker matte brown eyeshadow, I sometimes even use a cool toned bronzer which works amazingly, then on the very outer corner if I am going for a more glam look (which I didn't for this photo) I place a even darker brown, this time with a slight shimmer into the outer corner and blend this all in with the big fluffy brush used earlier. To complete the eyeshadow I use a white shimmer in the in corners and brow bone.

Moving onto eyeliner I used brown liner on lid which I occasionally wing out, then on my sightline and water line. I then make this softer and smudge it all out with a brush giving a smokier look. On a day to day occurrence I smoke it out less than a night out. Then to finish the look off I added a few coats of mascara to my top and bottom lashes.

A Gold and Brown Smokey Eye using Drugstore and Highend products, great for blue eyes using brown eye liner, for beginners, easy simple, a look for young and old

I hope you love this eye look as much as me,  I just love how versatile this is maybe even switching the Gold for another colour, adding a darker crease colour or even adding my favourite, winged eyeliner.

♥︎ 

12 comments:

  1. Nice post! I have blue eyes too and I find gold and purple make my eyes pop with colour.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love purple too! I thought about doing a wearable purple eyeshadow look on my blog!

      Delete
  2. I have grey eyes but I still really enjoyed this post and you're stunning xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely x http://www.the-beautiful-things.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have fantastic eyes !

    xx

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! You have an amazing blog! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow me and I'll follow your blog back ASAP!<3 http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  6. In love with this eye make up! Your eye colour is beaut!

    Lauren | http://sweater-weatherrr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete