Sunday, 10 April 2016

Braided Half Up Bun Tutorial


Recently I have been trying my hardest to not apply heat to my hair everyday and although I have missed my curler and straighteners more than I probably should! I have been loving trying out new hairstyles so I thought I would share my go to one at the minute of a Braided Half Up Bun which is easier than you might think!
Easy and Simple Braided Half Up Half Down Tutorial for Medium to Long hair, 4 steps, great for second or third day hair
This is a great hairstyle for second day hair when there is a bit more grip to your hair and I would also say it works best for medium to long hair.
So first of all I got the top section of my hair and simply tied it up into a pony tail on the top of my head. this was quite easy for me as i just use the layers in my hair but I used to do this when I had no layers too.


Easy and Simple Braided Half Up Half Down Tutorial for Medium to Long hair, 4 steps, great for second or third day hair

I then took about a third of the hair I took into the ponytail and braided it into a usual plait with three sections then secured it with a clear elastic.


Easy and Simple Braided Half Up Half Down Tutorial for Medium to Long hair, 4 steps, great for second or third day hair
Now to create the half up bun I backcombed the base to give my thin hair a bit of a boost but if you have quite thick hair you can probably skip this step. Then I wrapped my hair around the base but leaving the plait out then secured the hair with a hell lotta bobby pins.




Then to finish the braided half up bun just pull the braid around the front of the bun and secure with a bobby pin at the end of the plait. And there we have it! I would love to hear any of your go to hairstyles, so leave any links to tutorials below and let me know if you try this out!

♥︎

6 comments:

  1. I wish my hair was long enough to do this it looks so pretty!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea!! I might try to do this soon! I'm pretty bad a doing up dos in my hair because after 2 minutes my arms get really tired hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and I know how you feel aha!

      Delete
  3. I love wearing this hairstyle too, its such a simple yet cute way to jazz up a plain topknot! :)

    ReplyDelete