Sunday, 20 March 2016

Revision Tips!

Revision and exam tips and preparation, GCSE and A Level English Literature, English Language, Media and Geography help, Revision Cards, How to revise, Revision guides, Jane Eyre Othello and The Great Gatsby, AQA Edexcel and OCR

In no way am I any sort of exam expert, I have survived my GCSE's and passed so I feel like now I am in an appropriate position to share what worked, and how I deal with the extensive amount of exams all crammed into the space of a few weeks that could decide what you can do with your life in the future... (not to scare you or anything)
Revision and exam tips and preparation, GCSE and A Level English Literature, English Language, Media and Geography help, Revision Cards, How to revise, Revision guides, Jane Eyre Othello and The Great Gatsby, AQA Edexcel and OCR

So I know both GCSE's and A Levels (which I am taking) start in about 8 weeks so I would probably advise, start revising now however I am probably hoping you already have!  
I started off by making a revision timetable, this is particularly useful if you are doing GCSE's as there are so many subjects to concentrate on, I went from around 10am until I went to bed and marked out half hour blocks which I labelled with leisure time and each subject. This works perfectly so you don't start revising one subject more than another, and the subjects you find more challenging you can also choose to spend more time on. Another plus to this is that theres time to still  do what you love! 
When filling in the timetable make sure you use small blocks with regular breaks, I found doing three quarter of an hour blocks and then a quarter of an hour break was the perfect time for me to keep concentration.
Revision and exam tips and preparation, GCSE and A Level English Literature, English Language, Media and Geography help, Revision Cards, How to revise, Revision guides, Jane Eyre Othello and The Great Gatsby, AQA Edexcel and OCR

I'm sure you have been told this time and time again when revising but keep all technology out of bounds! If I got a pound the amount of times I got distracted by a message, tweet or Instagram notification I would be a millionaire! I found it even harder to not get distracted on social media if I needed the internet, so with my laptop I had to use will power however on my iPad I used a feature where you press home button three times that locks the rest of the iPad except the app you are using/need.

Revision and exam tips and preparation, GCSE and A Level English Literature, English Language, Media and Geography help, Revision Cards, How to revise, Revision guides, Jane Eyre Othello and The Great Gatsby, AQA Edexcel and OCR

I love keeping things colourful, as if its just plain text I get bored so using highlighters, fine liners and sticky notes really helps me to revise, I usually highlight things in a text book, use pens to create mind maps and sticky notes are really handy to mark pages which just keeps everything very bright. On the topic of sticky notes is if you a really stuck with a subject such as maths, is that I got smaller sticky notes and chose three colours one for Can do it, Nearly do it and I have no idea I then put these on every page and once I new something changed it too the easy sticky note and I learnt everything in Maths, if I hadn't done this I don't think I would ever have passed!
Revision and exam tips and preparation, GCSE and A Level English Literature, English Language, Media and Geography help, Revision Cards, How to revise, Revision guides, Jane Eyre Othello and The Great Gatsby, AQA Edexcel and OCR

My last tip is to create revision cards and mind maps because just reading isn't revising properly if you condense your notes into easy manageable sections your more likely to remember so more likely to achieve the grade you want!

I hope these help you, if you have any questions leave them below as I was thinking of doing a Revision Q&A but also leave your tips to help others!

♥︎

4 comments:

  1. I'm sitting my GCSE's in May and need all the exam tips I can get so thank you for this! It's been so helpful! Good luck with your A levels. x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow me and I'll follow your blog back ASAP!<3 http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete