Sunday, 7 February 2016

MAC vs Rimmel Lipstick Dupes

I am a confirmed lipstick addict! Highstreet or Highend if it looks pretty I have to have it but recently I noticed a lot of my Rimmel Kate lipsticks matched up to a few of my MAC ones leading to this very post!
Highend and Drugstore, Mac and Rimmel. Mac Rebel dupe Rimmel Kate 30 Mac Girl about Town dupe Rimmel Kate Moss 20 Mac Relentlessly Red dupe Rimmel kate moss 110
Mac Rebel highend Lipstick swatch vs Rimmel kate Moss 30 drugstore lipstick dupe

Starting off with my current favourite due to the Winter season is Mac Rebel and Kate 30 I bought the Rimmel one at the very start of Autumn and wore it virtually everyday and was completely in love with the colour, I then bought Rebel purely based on the popularity and when I went to put it on I realised just how similar the colours are. Rebel is a Satin finish so is quite moisturising compared to a Matte finish whilst 30 is also a creamy formula it can be quite drying but doesn't quite last as long as Rebel. Colour wise in swatches Rebel has slight purple undertones whilst the Rimmel one is more on the Red side however when on the lips they are nearly inseparable in colour and finish. I would definitely recommend getting the Rimmel Lipstick if unsure about whether the colour will suit you however based on the longevity Rebel is definitely worth splashing out a bit more for.

MAC Girl about town highend lipstick swatch vs rimmel kate moss 20 lipstick dupe
My Summer go to colour is bright pink and have thousands all of a similar shade to MAC's Girl About Town as previously this was just going to be a MAC vs Drugstore post however the closest match was definitely Kate Moss 20 consequentially meaning all these lipsticks were not only Rimmel but Kate Moss's collection. These are completely identical apart from the obvious price tag difference of £10 pounds, the colour is the same with maybe Girl About Town being slightly more vivid, the pigmentation is equally brilliant whilst both seem to last around the same time. So overall I would recommend the Rimmel Kate Moss as it is the cheaper option for something exactly the same.

MAC Relentlessly red Highend lipstick swatch vs Rimmel Kate Moss 110 Drugstore dupe lipstick
Not only do Mac and Rimmel match virtually in colour they are both matte finishes. 110 is slightly more orangey toned than Relentlessly Red which is slightly pinkier which I do prefer. However 110 goes on a lot smoother than Relentlessly Red as shown by the swatch where as Relentlessly Red can go a tiny bit patchy and is harder to apply however it definitely lasts a lot longer as I wore it for Prom with a clear lipgloss over the top and I did not have to top it up once. If you prefer a easier application Rimmel wins however for the pigmentation, longevity and also you bare to take a bit more time on lipstick application then Relentlessly Red is the way forward.

So overall if you have been longing for a MAC lipstick for some amazing dupes I really rate Rimmel Kate range which together make my favourite Highend and Lowend Lipsticks.

♥︎ 

18 comments:

  1. Girl About Town vs. Rimmel are nearly identical. What a great dupe. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a huge fan of the Rimmel lipsticks! Thank you for this post! I'll definitely be picking up these colors.

    Mimi
    www.coffeeandsunday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Glad you enjoyed the post and found it useful x

      Delete
  3. These dupes are amazing! I'm definitely going to have t get myself up to Rimmel to pick a few of these up! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love these lipsticks, I hope you do too x

      Delete
  4. I have several rimmel and Mac lipsicks (yeah, I'm kind of lipstick addicted), and I know Mac is a bite pricey, but hey are hands down the best!

    Blog: http://fiftyshadesofpink.blogs.sapo.pt/
    Instagram: @sarafqueiros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too! I think Rimmel are a great alternative for a budget though!

      Delete
  5. I've never been on the MAC bandwagon.. something about it just reminds me SO MUCH of high school.. I've never tried the lipsticks though.. Maybe I have been doing it all wrong??

    XOXO
    http://www.kellmenow.com/productreviews/
    https://www.instagram.com/kell_menow/
    https://www.facebook.com/kellmenow/?fref=ts
    https://twitter.com/kell_menow
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/blog-kellmenow-14252307

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post, I never knew about these dupes! I have MAC Rebel and it's beautiful.

    Kirstie | Behind The Scent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I would really recommend it, and i know its stunning!

      Delete
  7. This is such a great idea! Lovely to see some drugstore dupes, I love a good bargain. I would love to try the rimmel version of girl about town before I try Mac's one, want to know if it will suit me. Lovely post, fab!! x

    Love Char x
    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I did with Rebel, I never like to splash out if I am unsure! thank you!

      Delete
  8. Thank you for this post ! I really want to try some Mac lipsticks now xx
    its-just-snyx.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete