Sunday, 17 January 2016

Top 5 Winter Lip Products

I love talking about my favourite products, especially lip ones as I must say I have an addiction to buying them with all the pretty colours slowly but surely filling my draw I thought I should share the Top 5 I have been whipping out this winter.
MAC Rebel sneaked into my makeup collection in mid- autumn but I hardly wore it which I can't believe as now I am in love, The colour is a stunning deep purple if built up but also if not built up gives a lovely deep pink with cool under tones it also appears to make my teeth look whilst the formulation is Satin which is probably my favourite type of MAC lipstick, its moisturising which I love in the Winter as I always get dry lips but also lasts all day. 

Next I have one by Bourjois, this is a liquid lipstick which are possibly my favourite lip products, I haven't been able to get my hands on any of the Rimmel Apocalips so this is the perfect replacement and I actually think it may be better. In the shade Happy Nude Year its very fitting for the season, but also is the perfect nude, to give that 'my lips but better look' I love to wear this with a lip liner and find it lasts all day however needs topping up if used on its own. Despite the Matte formula it doesn't dry my lips out.

The Revlon Matte Balm is a fairly new addition to my makeup collection, as I wanted to find a pink with more berry under tones to fit the the colder months, but the formulation of these are amazing being a balm it provides moisture whilst being matte so the formula seems perfect to match the winter trend but also practical. 

Rimmel Kate lipsticks are probably the best drugstore lipsticks you could find in my opinion, with the extensive colour range, amazing longevity and the wide range of formulations, the colours also often appear to be amazing MAC lipstick dupes. This is a lovely deep red perfect for all year round however at the moment it has proved my staple for Winter wearing it most days.

Lastly I have Clinique Cherry Pop Lipstick, this was my perfect festive Red and as I am still not quite over christmas, I have continued to wear this throughout January, with the inbuilt primer it lasts extremely well on the lips,  but also adds moisture. The formulation glides on the lips but can become sticky.

What's your essential winter lipstick?

♥︎ 

20 comments:

  1. I loved this post and the photos! I was really close to buying MAC's rebel but I got diva instead! It's such a lovely colour if you haven't tried it x

    Nicole x
    have you joined my new blogging community #SpeakUp about raising awareness of issues that affect young people health and wellbeing! Find out more here http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/new-exciting-project-speakup_17.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I love the look of Diva but i wasn't sure if it was too close in colour to rebel.

      This is a great project, I signed up xx

      Delete
  2. Mac's rebel is definitely I want to try, Its stunning! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! The darkness put me off before but its quite pink compared to what it looks in the bullet.

      Delete
  3. All of these look gorgeous! xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bourjois Happy nude year and Mac Rebel are two of my all time favorite lipsticks, and I couldn't agree more with you, the satin formula from Mac is lovely, probably my favorite as well !

    https://fannyanddailybeauty.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous! I would really recommend the other three too especially Clinique if you love the satin formula!

      Delete
  5. I have yet to try out the Bourjois liquid lipsticks, that shade looks so pretty! xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing! I really rate them x

      Delete
  6. I feel like you can never go wrong with a deep red throughout winter, and I have been loving MACs "Sinister" for the last time, a brownish red, not quite as deep as other ones.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my go to. I have never heard of that MAC Lipstick but I am going to have a look next time I am in the store x

      Delete
  7. I love the sound of the Bourgois liquid lipstick and it looks such a lovely shade! I've found it so difficult to get my hands on something matte but not drying.

    Bethany | Curly and Wordy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection
    I love these
    kiss

    new post http://sarameirelesthesnowwhite.blogspot.pt/2016/01/whats-in-my-bag.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mine is Vaseline - not really a lipstick but my lips are so chapped that they need it.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always use Vaseline every night! I hate chapped lips x

      Delete
    2. The Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks are probably some of my most favourite drugstore ones! They're so good and the 107 is definitely my Winter Essential! I also use Vaseline a lot during the Winter months! Great post :) x

      Karolina
      www.astral-lane.blogspot.ie

      Delete
    3. They are my all time drugstore favourites!

      Delete