Sunday, 24 January 2016

My Blogging Process | Blogging Organisation

I never really thought about becoming organised when blogging before recently, it just came to a day when I felt I wanted to blog, grabbed my camera, uploaded then started to ramble on, I was never happy with my blog when this happened as to me it always looked rushed with unedited photos, and I never proof read a post. However over the past month I feel as if I have got myself into a blogging routine, making my blog more organised and well thought out.

Planning, Weekly Calendar, Blogging Organisation, To do, Photography, Flowers

Scheduling:
To get organised I started off making a schedule, I did this so I knew when I would post but it also helps ensure readers/followers now when to return for a new post. My schedule is posting every  Sunday
This has helped me organise my blog giving me more time, although I still have those days when I just want to blog, I pre-write a couple and find it works better so I still blog when I am in the right mood and have inspiration but save them and proof read them for the day I have planned to post.

Planning:
I am a terrible planner, I can never stick to a plan however I do write the basic idea for a post in the notes on my phone, I wish I was the sort to carry around a cute little notebook and be that typical blogger quickly jotting down ideas wherever I am but I find a phone works best for me to make sure I have a variety of posts planned but I never do in depth notes as I know I will never stick to them. For inspiration I usually use Pinterest, magazines and other blogs.
Photography, Flowers, Ornament, Ikea Alex Drawers, K, Shabby chic

Photography:
After I have got an idea I start snapping some photos, the most time consuming part of the blogging process but I also find it the most fun. First of all I usually set up a background, then place the products and take a variety of photos with my camera before editing the contrast and brightness to make photos uniform but nothing to change the shade of products.

Writing:
Like photography, I have a passion for writing. Sometimes it proves more difficult but overall I love writing, using my plan and photographs I start to type away. I often get sidetracked meaning most posts are written in short bursts but overall I think this works better for me so the process isn't boring.
Twitter handle, Flowers, Chalkboard Heart, Chalk, Social media sharing

Publishing:
I don't usually proof read my posts until just before I post as I usually miss mistakes if I reread it straight after writing. As I prewrite it only takes a few moments to publish, however recently I have started to schedule the post a few days before in case I run out of time on the day or forget due to school work or I am out. I then do the long task of sharing across all my social medias including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest then I am done.

Do you have a routine when writing blogposts?

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who is an organisation-freak, and plans out every single letter of my blog post! Sometimes, as well as carrying out all of the above steps, I even do a draft post, and edit it appropriately!:)xx

    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though this makes me out to be the most organised person ever when it comes to blogging I can't say I have always stuck to it aha

      Delete
  2. Great organisation plan! I need to do things like this more often.
    You have such a pretty blog! :)
    Sally x
    http://asprinkleofsally.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just found your blog and it's so pretty, and I'm really organised too! Except I am one of those bloggers who plans it in notebooks because I somehow always have one handy:)x

    www.beesytimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I was one of those bloggers who always whips out a note book for ideas!

      Delete
  4. I have to plan my blog posts and exactly when they are going up, otherwise I just cant function! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I like to just make a spur of the moment post, and they usually become my favourites however I could never do that all the time!

      Delete
  5. I must admit I never really stuck to a schedule until a few months ago and my blog had improved so much since sticking his schedule and planning posts, I plan all of my posts now and write them in advance. I am also guilty of being a stereotypical blogger by carrying around a notebook everywhere I go. I also have a planner wherebi write down my daily to dos etc and what post I will be posting when. I'm definitely an orgsniseational freak haha!


    chloedanielle.co.uk

    -xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since writing this i have put a note book in my bag but am yet to use it!

      Delete
  6. I just have a weekly schedule. Posts ALWAYS go out on Monday and Friday and then if I have any extra reviews etc., they tend to go out on Wednesdays.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try my best to post Wednesdays but sometimes I find I am too busy which is so annoying!

      Delete