Sunday, 10 January 2016

Haircare Routine

After going to the hairdressers mid November, she told me my hair had started to get really damaged and to tell the truth I'm not surprised I used to wash my hair everyday and condition it rarely let alone use many other products on it plus I straightened it everyday so after she threatened she would have to cut five inches off my hair to get it back to health (something that broke my heart since I have been growing it for just short of 2 years) I decided to get into buying and actually using more hair products and since returning six weeks later yesterday and she said my hair was back to its original soft, well hydrated state I thought I would share the products I really thought had made the difference.

First off starting with Shampoo and Conditioner I have been using the Garnier Ultimate Blends Marvellous Transformer this has argan and camellia oils in which would of put me off a few months ago as my hair gets greasy very quickly however instead of making my hair greasier this has actually helped not only my lengths be less dry and frizzy but I have needed to wash my hair less often. I think this may be because my roots used to get oily from more oil being made to try and hydrate the ends if that makes sense. I also think the conditioner reduced the appearance of split ends.

I only bought the Tresemme Keratin Mask a few weeks ago as I had never tried a hair mask before and it was one of the first things my hairdresser mentioned I should use. I put this in the mid- lengths to ends of my hair for around five minutes and my hair feels so soft once I rinse it out and again it feels like it reduces the damage.

I then usually towel dry my hair and spray on L'oreal Elnett Heat Protectant which smells so good which gives this an extra brownie point because who doesn't want nice smelling hair! So even though I don't straighten my hair everyday I still like to use this every time I wash it just in case I have the urge to whip out the straighteners or curlers as I like the look of my hair with heated appliances better than my natural hair.

In between washes I always use dry shampoo and currently I have been using Batiste, I never really know which dry shampoo to use as none ever really cut it but this is probably the best I have tried however if you have any suggestions please let me know! 

I then have the Garnier Ultimate Blends Honey Treasure Strength Restorer Oil I use this after I have styled my hair as it makes my hair soft and reduces the look of any frizz or damage whilst again smiling amazing. However if I feel like a lighter product than the oil such as when I curl my hair as I find the oil leads to the curls dropping so I use the OGX Coconut Water which I find adds shine and reduces any frizziness.

Lastly once I have finished styling my hair, which isn't really part of my hair care but I absolutely love it so couldn't not mention it is the VO5 Back Combing Spray which I spray at my roots and it creates an unbelievable amount of volume and it is probably one of my favourite ever products.

What are your haircare essentials?

♥︎

6 comments:

  1. I always use batiste dry shampoo, it's definitely the best!x

    AimeeSueXO
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im actually so bad at a haircare routine, I get so lazy with it. However, I have used those Garnier shampoo and conditioner and its so nourishing on the hair. Also, I love dry shampoo, stops me from washing my hair everyday! xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually really enjoyed finding products to use, once i picked products I loved I stuck to it!

      Delete
  3. Tresseamee products are great. They make my fav conditioners!

    http://nyashanicole.blogspot.my

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the styling products the best!

      Delete