Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Things I Have Learnt After 100 Blogposts

I HAVE HIT 100 BLOGPOSTS!

I never thought I would ever keep blogging for this long, and who'd have thought it after a year and a half my little brain has thought of that much to write about! However in celebration I thought I would post about the things I have learnt about myself and blogging in the past 100 posts.

One Post Can Explode Traffic
There are certain posts that will all of a sudden blow up your notifications, usually its something that is in top searches at that moment like posts to do with Autumn during the season or a good one i have found is blogging tips for fellow bloggers. However overall I have found posts I really didn't expect, that didn't take me long to put together blows up my notifications a lot more often.

It Takes Time To Accumulate Viewers
When I first started blogging I was under the impression blog readers came just like that. One post up and I would have hundreds of views however a year later and over 10,000 view (which is insane) I have found that its not the number that matters and it takes time, but the reward for writing blogposts is talking to fellow blogs and people who read my blog.

You Don't Have To Post Everyday
Theoretically posting everyday should increase views shouldn't it? however having a schedule and more meaning and time put into less posts has made blogging more enjoyable and puts a lot less stress. Also if you do have a schedule it doesn't matter if you miss the occasional time slot as life comes first right?

Be Social
Being a blogger, being sociable is a must whether its talking to other bloggers, talking to readers, commenting on other blogs or posting on social medias, its all important and really makes a difference in how my blog has been received, increasing news and I have had a lot more fun because who doesn't love a good chat!

♥︎
Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram

6 comments:

  1. Loved this post it was really helpful. Congrats on 100 posts!!
    http://katerosexo1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post, and helpful may I add! I've been blogging a little over 3 months and I'm loving it, just reply to comments feels so joyful and rewarding!

    you're totally right about not posting every day, I wanted to post 3 times a week but it was just too much for me, I dropped down to once a week and I'm enjoying it so much more!


    Jem xo | JemsJournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Glad you found it helpful!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your 100th post. A lot of new bloggers think it takes no time at all, you're definitely right with your point about it taking a while to accumulate readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Glad you found the post relatable.

      Delete