Sunday, 4 October 2015

5 Organisation Tips For Blogging

I have felt very organised when it has came to blogging, posting at the correct times and building up a schedule. It has taken a lot of getting used to rather than posting any time I felt like but I feel it has
really made an improvement to the quality of my posts.
Planning
Before even opening up my computer I always like to plan, I start of thinking of several ideas then working them into post format deciding titles, what to write and what photos would be the best. I usually have a brainstorming session after picking out ideas from the internet and magazines this makes me feel a lot more prepared before staring into the empty screen of my computer.

Calendar
Using the planned post I put them into my Calendar or similarly you could use a diary. Personally I use the one on my mac but you could use a paper format. I like to set out each post and choose which day to post. This is where choosing upload days comes in handy. My uploading schedule is Wednesdays and Sundays so on my calendar I know what days to fill, I then try to separate them so not to many makeup posts are together nor too many baking posts etc. I try and fill up two weeks worth so thats four posts for me but you can work this out to suit you.
Take Photos In Bulk
For each post you want to write you should of planned the photos (as said in planning section) so it should be quite easy to know what you are including saving time, find good lighting and take all the photos you need plus more just in case some don't turn out too well, then upload to relevant posts.

Write in advance
I wouldn't advise bulk writing as this can often lead to mistakes, but to stay organised I usually like to write the post the day before so I know it is all ready and I have time to make changes leading to me not being rushed.
Scheduling
Finally scheduling, after writing a post I would say its a good idea to schedule the post as if you suddenly become busy at the time you want to post, you will still go 'live' at the time you want.
Aswell as scheduling blogposts its a good idea to use an app to schedule various tweets and Facebook posts promoting your post as again this means you don't need to worry about freeing up a certain time of the day to post and promote.

I hope this comes in useful and makes your blogging experience as relaxed and organised as possible.

What organisation tips do you have when blogging?

20 comments:

  1. This is really helpful, I always schedule and pre write!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & I feel more relaxed if I do that rather than a manic rush aha.

      Delete
  2. such good tips! I need to be more organized and plan ahead for my blog as I always feel "pressured" to post when I haven't posted in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! So did I, I find organisation helps a lot and I enjoy blogging more x

      Delete
  3. I need to use these tips on my next day off! my shifts at work are erratic so when i have free time i just want to sleep haha xxx

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great tips, wish I'd just stick to them. I am really bad at staying organised! x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so bad at staying organised and end up rushing at the last minute especially when I am at school as blogging sadly has to take a back seat.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for these tips, I try to keep on on my blog as much as I can and being organized is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been sing so many youtubers and bloggers getting in to planning. I love how attractive the planners look, which would for sure motivate me to actually plan! Check out my blog https://makeupwithak.wordpress.com/ xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! It was only ten pounds from paperchase and is probably my blogging life saver!

      Delete
  7. I love to hear how other people plan and organize! These are some super helpful tips, I think I am going to have to implement some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing post dear! I love it:)

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great tips, Katie! I've definitely noticed a huge difference when I started to schedule my posts and published them at a set time on the days I've now committed to posting. It's so important, as you've said.

    I hope you have a wonderful day, beautiful!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have found it so helpful in making blogging stress free!

      Delete
  10. I really need to up my blog organisation game, looks like you've got yours down. Definitely going to have to take some of your advice!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the most unorganised person ever! However this has helped me a lot although I still occasionally leave it to last minute and forget!

      Delete