Sunday, 27 September 2015

September Favourites!

It has been ages since I have done a favourites post! So I thought I would round up all the past months as I think my last one was June! I have especially loved a lot through September however it is very makeup heavy but I still hope you enjoy.

Makeup:
L'Oreal Infalliable 24 hr Matte Foundation - Porcelain (£7.99)
As usual I am very late to the hype, after seeing this anywhere and everywhere I just had to purchase it and I must say it is definitely worth the hype, I find it applies best with a moisturiser used beforehand and a primer other wise it can gather in a few of my dry patches but defiantly keeps my skin oil free. It also has high coverage but feels like I have nothing on my skin which I absolutely love as I hate a heavy feel to my foundation.

Rimmel Clear Complexion Powder - Translucent (£3.99)
Yes! I have actually tried something different to Rimmel Stay Matte! I had recently found that the Stay Matte caked beneath my eyes when using it along with the L'oreal Foundation as I think there was too much of a 'matteness' (is that a word?) to my skin but I still wanted something to make sure my concealer stayed on so this was the perfect fix, it doesn't give any coverage and wouldn't use this  if i wasn't using a matte foundation as it doesn't hold anything other than concealer on my face however it has encouraged me to branch out to other powders and works perfectly with the l'oreal foundation.

Stila Bronzer - Shade 01 (£18)
I find it incredibly hard to find a bronzer that doesn't turn orange on my extremely pale skin but this cheeky little purchase at the start of August has become my holy grail, as drugstore wasn't working for me I felt branching out into high end might work out better and heard some good reviews and I am so happy with it. I got it in lightest shade for obvious reasons and it is super pigmented and blendable.

Revlon Eyeshadow - Cocoa and Plum (£2.99 each)
I absolutely love these eyeshadows and have probably become my all time favourite, they are sold separately and allows you to make your own palette, I discovered these a while ago when I bought Cocoa probably about a year ago and never used it and still had the seal on which I know is very bad but I then used it at the beginning of September and loved the pigment. I then bought Plum which is a lovely matte purple with a brown undertone which really makes my blue eyes pop. I love how they fit together to make a palette as I have never found a palette where all the colours get used so I am definitely going to get more.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara 
Again another thing I am late to the hype about, after not being too impressed with Benefits Roller Lash I didn't really fancy trying its dupe but numerous times i complimented someones eyelashes and this is what they used so it was about time I purchased it and now I regret not buying it as soon as it hit the shelves. I got the waterproof version as I heard it held the curl better and I am seriously impressed and I too have had many compliments with some people saying I look like I am wearing false lashes which is a huge bonus for someone who is way too lazy to bother.

Rimmel Apocalips - Celestial
 Recently I have been really getting in to do more out there eyeshadow so I have been going for a nude lip on a quite often and I think it looks so pretty. If you have read my blog for a long time then you will know how much I love he apocalips for the pigment and longevity but this colour is probably my perfect nude for the your lips but better look.

EcoTools Stippling Brush (£5)
I featured this brush in a recent post about my most used drugstore brushes and it is also probably my most loved, perfect for applying foundation in a thin layer, buffing in concealer and also amazing for contouring as it gives such an accurate line, I would probably say I rate this just as good as my more expensive brushes or maybe higher as it is super soft too.

Hair:


VO5 Give Me Texture Root Powder- (£3)
This is a relatively new purchase and the first time I used it I absolutely hated it, my hair got all matted and really dry but since then I have got used to it and found it gives great volume and texture especially with curled hair so it is definitely a product you have to get used to and is quite difficult to use.

Skincare:
Sudocream (£2.50)
Yes nappy rash cream is in m favourites but I promise you once you get over the fact you are using a babys bum cream on your face it works amazingly to get rid of those pesky spots, I usually put this on just before I got to bed and then in the morning they are all gone it is like a miracle cream and a lot more affordable than many other products. I bought the small tub at around the start of June and I can hardly see a dent meaning it lasts a very long time.

Jewellery


Primark Triangle Statement Necklace (£1.50)
I never really know what to say about a necklace but this one I couldn't miss out of a favourites, for the price it was and the amount I have worn it over the last two weeks since I bought it, it is my favourite necklace and goes so well with all my autumn outfits. I really rate Primark jewellery as I have found it is such good quality particularly the necklaces.

Whats been your favourite thing this month?

♥︎

6 comments:

  1. So many good favourites - I need to try the Maybelline Lash Sensational and the Revlon eyeshadows they look sooo good!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection. I love Soducrem great for terminating any break out. :D

    Ana
    http://anarazon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Mascara for the price it does a great job!

    www.MyBeautySleuth.com

    ReplyDelete