Sunday, 13 September 2015

Homemade Custard Cream Recipe




I sat wondering what to write for todays post all day yesterday when I started craving Custard Creams, which are possibly my favourite biscuit ever! So I thought why not make some, I scoured Pinterest for the best and easiest recipe I could find, so after making them and trying one (or maybe three) I thought I would take a few pictures before I devoured the remainder and let you guys now the recipe.

Ingredients:
Biscuits:
200g Margarine
200g Flour
100g Caster Sugar
100g Custard Powder
Few Drops of Vanilla Essence
Butter Cream:
50g Margarine
100g Icing Sugar

Method:

Firstly cream the butter with the sugar until smooth and a pale cream. Sieve in flour and custard powder then mix. While mixing add a few drops of vanilla essence so it is all combined.

Gather the mixture into a dough like ball, and roll out on a floured surface. Once rolled out to around half a centimetre thick and then cut out them out. I personally made a variety of stars, circles and squares so any shapes are suitable.

Cook at 180Âșc for 8-10 minutes.

Leave to cool on a wire rack, meanwhile make the butter cream by creaming the butter and sugar again until smooth and a pale creamy white colour.

Once the biscuits are cool spread the buttercream on one side and sandwich the same shape onto the other side.


There we have it. What's your favourite biscuit?

♥︎
 Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram

4 comments:

  1. These look absolutely delicious - I love custard creams, definitely going to try these!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Custard creams, I am going to save this and see if me and my mum can make it together at the weekend :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete