Sunday, 16 August 2015

Smokey Golden Eye Tutorial

Photo Taken By Katie Lou ( Own Photo do not use without permission) Smokey Golden Eye Products, Real Technique Brushes to complete, Rimmel London Quad, Bronze and gold shadows, winged eyeliner using collection liquid eyeliner, finished by seventeen va va voom mascara. Background done by using light up hanging hearts and Primark throw
Recently day or night I have loved gold with brown eye makeup, and after buying this Rimmel Quad I have been loving the look it gives for my daytime smokey eye and how pigmented the shades are. 

How to achieve a natural smokey golden eye perfect for day or night, neutral colours using a Rimmel Quad Eyeshadow Pallette, liquid Collection eyeliner and Seventeen, Boots Own Brand Waterproof Mascara

So after applying my usual base all over my face or foundation, concealer and powder (see foundation routine here) I used the lightest shade all over my lid focusing it in the corner of my eyes and beneath my brow to act as a highlighter using the all over shadow brush by Real Techniques, this blends really well into the skin and acts as a great base.

Following this I used the Real Techniques all over shadow brush and used the dark brown which is the most matte shadow in the quad and blended this into the white through my outer corner.

To make this look smokey, I went in using the gold colour throughout my crease and blended it outwards and upwards creating the smokeys effect. There is also a bronze tonned shadow the opposite side but personally only use it in separate looks. 

To finish off with the eyeshadow I blend the dark brown colour beneath my lower lash line and smudge it out, adding to the smoked eye look.

Now I have finished with eyeshadow I finished off this eye look with the Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner creating a wing and used a few coats of Seventeen Va Va Voom Mascara which is great for length but not so much volume despite the name.
And that is the look! 

How to achieve a natural smokey golden eye perfect for day or night, neutral colours using a Rimmel Quad Eyeshadow Pallette, liquid Collection eyeliner and Seventeen, Boots Own Brand Waterproof Mascara

Whats your favourite eye look at the moment?

♥︎


22 comments:

  1. Golden smokey eyes are my new favorite. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I love a smokey look day or night at the moment!

      Delete
  2. I love it when girls take the time to write up how to's so you can recreate the exact same look for yourself !!
    Please take the time to visit my blog!
    Lots of love, Dolly Lou x x x
    dollylou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thankyou! I think the exact same thing as many times just knowing the product doesnt mean you can create the look. I will look right now! X

      Delete
  3. This is such a gorgeous look, love the look of the Rimmel quad x

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a good pallette, great value for the price!

      Delete
  4. Your photos are so good! I always end up looking so odd when I try to take photos of my make-up! Nice post x

    francescaroseblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thankyou! This took many attempts aha!

      Delete
  5. I have heard lots of people talk about seventeen mascaras, so I think I need to buy one. I wish I could my eye makeup as good as you x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good! Although this does flake occasionally. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Love the colour you used here! :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, aren't they just gorgeous!

      Delete
  7. This is a very pretty look and so versatile, you can wear it for so many occasions. Thanks for sharing!!! It loos so pretty.

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look! I always wear some kind of smokey eye with winged liner.
    www.dolleduplondon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Winged Eyeliner is my everyday must!

      Delete
  9. Great look! Definitely going to get my hands on this Rimmel quad! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should it is brilliant!

      Delete
  10. Katie, you have such an amazing blog! Your blog design is very nice! I love how simple but chic and girly it looks you should definitely keep it this way! I also love the makeup look you styled here I will definitely try it for school this fall! Keep up the good work!

    ~Sweet Summer Teen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thankyou! Im glad you like it, love to know peoples opinions.

      Delete
  11. great eye look! <3

    check out my blog + follow back?

    xo,
    Jess | wildvagabondss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete