Sunday, 23 August 2015

Makeup I Should Use More Often

This is the makeup I always neglect in my collection but I should use more, all drugstore so price friendly and won't break the bank, they deserve a lot more love. Barry M Brow Kit, Rimmel Colour Rush Balm, Red and Baby Pink, Maybelline Falsies Mascara, Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo.
After seeing this post the other day on thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk, it got me thinking how many products I actually neglect in my make up collection so I thought I would share a few with you.
So the first product is the Barry M Brow Kit, I very very occasionally pull this out of my collection but most of the time I forget about it. When I first bought this I wasn't too sure if I actually liked this as the powder was a bit too dark therefore put it too the back off my draw however I really think this needs a lot more love as I never even attempted using the wax and highlight shade.

The second product I really need to love a bit more is the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe, I bought this last winter as a crease colour but during the summer months I haven't felt this was a suitable colour to wear however since it has been left for quite a while without use it has hardened a bit becoming less bendable. I wish I had bought a more wearable colour being a cream product prone to not lasting very long.

Thirdly another eye product (as you can tell I buy way more eye products than I need) this Collection Eyeshadow Pencil in Vintage Blush has only ever been used once, I know its really bad to just have products sitting there unused but I bought a eyeshadow palette the same day which became my number one favourite leaving me forgetting about this. I did swatch this when I found it in my draw and found the colour was beautiful and wondered why I left it, a lovely sparkly pink perfect for outer corners of the eye before adding a matte crease shade until I realised how unbelievably hard this was to actually get colour pay off. I don't know if I am the only one who has had this problem but I actually couldn't possibly press hard enough on my eyelid for the colour to pay off leaving this very unloved.

The last eye product is the Maybelline Falsies Mascara, I bought this when it was a very hyped about product and really loved it however over time as I tried other products this got pushed out of my everyday routine. Although I have found mascara's I prefer this does deserve a bit more love. I do wish I bought this in the waterproof as its very smudgy and flakey.

Finally a lip product, something else I buy too many off. This Rimmel Colour Rush Crayons like the other products above had a firm place in my makeup bag for quite a while. The baby pink is quite neutral but then leaves behind a few stain whereas the red is just a pillar box standard red. Both have extremely good colour payoff and last an extremely long time but I must say the pink lasts longer than the red. These do transfer a lot straight after the initial application but do leave a stain. I don't actually know why I stopped using this as I did and still do love them.

What products do you neglect in your makeup collection?

♥︎

12 comments:

  1. I neglect eyeliner - I feel it's too fiddly but I love how my eyes look when it's on.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love eyeliner! I wear it virtually everyday! Hope you liked the post x

      Delete
  2. aw Thank you for mentioning me! I am so glad you found inspiration on my blog! I hope you can start making more use of these products soon! Great post! x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I hope so too! and thank you x

      Delete
  3. I really like The Falsies mascara - but I tend to neglect my Hoola bronzer over my Solar Bronzer which is really bad!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to neglect all bronzers but this last month they have been my favourite makeup product!

      Delete
  4. Loving the idea of re-discovering those awesome items!
    I love your picks, btw! :)
    I would sometimes neglect my primer (oh dear! lol) and my eyeliner (which I love and need to use more).
    By the way, thank you for stopping my blog & leaving a sweet comment.
    Will be following you on Bloglovin' for updates :)
    You can find me there as well ;) https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/miel-mint-14349829
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Glad you enjoyed the post x

      Delete
  5. i definitely have this problem as well, i used to love the falsies mascara!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good, but somehow it got lost in my collection aha!

      Delete
  6. Haven't used any of these, thanks for the review!

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good! Glad you like the post!

      Delete