Wednesday, 5 August 2015

Classy & Fabulous

You probably thought this would be a review of the Chanel Perfume, but after taking this photo I thought why not do something different.
Chanel has become one of the most well known brands of this time but the woman behind the brand,  is one of the most influential women of the 20th century* becoming successful as a fashion designer but also being unique, encouraging women against the corseted silhouette of the 1900's. 

Aside from the brand Chanel, Coco Chanel said many things inspiring women throughout her life and since her death in 1971. 
"A girl should be two things Classy and Fabulous"
Although this can be interpreted in the way women should look a certain way, I see this differently and use it to say that women should feel Classy and Fabulous no matter what, to be those two things, making you feel confident. To be able to wear anything you want to make you feel those two things, to do what you want to make you feel good.

"Keep your heels, head and standards high"
Again this could be interpreted negatively but this along with the one above and numerous others to me feels as if this empowers women to do what they want, to keep you feeling good. I am not saying everyone has to wear heels but what I mean is if you want to wear heels you do that. If someone says something horrible ignore it. Hold your head up, and don't let anyone treat you like you aren't good enough and don't ever lower yourself to someone else level.

"I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all." 
This is the main quote I think everyone should stand by, you shouldn't care what people think, therefore don't think about them or what they say it will only get you down.
The main reason for people hating is jealousy so don't give them the time of day. You are the better person.

Using Coco Chanel quotes, I am trying to say you should be yourself no matter what, to be confident, be classy, be fabulous but you can only be those things if you feel it yourself. 
Ignore what people say, Ignore what people may think.

Do what you want.

♥︎


*According to Time Magazine


6 comments:

  1. This was a lovely twist!! I loved reading this post and loved how it was different. Really inspiring and thank you sooo much for sharing :-) Love your blog and posts xxx

    Love Charlotte xxx
    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoyed it! I just checked out your blog that was linked and I am now your number one fan haha x

      Delete
  2. Great post, a really different take on things!

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the positive message at the end Katie.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete