Sunday, 12 July 2015

Whats In My Travel Makeup Bag?!

Its getting towards holiday season so I thought I would show you what would be in my makeup bag whilst on holiday.

The first products I would have to include is Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, perfect for summer due to the dewy finish that really makes me look more alive, I have used this so much over the past months, I find it lasts really well all day and has an SPF which is an obvious must for summer.

I then have my very well loved Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, perfect for under eye circles and blemishes, its definitely an all around good one. I find this again lasts all day and is full coverage yet it feels like my skin can still breathe.

I will also always carry around my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, this is optional as I know many people love a dewy finish however due to having oily skin I need some help making it look a tiny bit more mattified.  I won't go on too much as I always ramble on about this whatever the post!

I also take two Technic products the Peaches and Cream Blush and a Highlighter. The blush is a mousse which I find easier to apply and gives a subtle colour as I am not very daring with blusher and prefer a peachy colour as I am always scared to look like a Barbie doll. The Highlighter is a dupe for the Benefit High Beam which I also love but this is about £2 which is way cheaper despite the products looking and working the exact same.

Moving on to eyes I love to have one palette that can create a day and night look so my current favourite for this is the Rimmel quad in Sun Safari, this palette is perfect all year round and has multiple uses, I would recommend this if starting out in makeup too. There is instructions on the back to create a look with all four however I like to use the white all over my lid then swap between the gold brown and redish brown in my crease and occasionally the dark brown to make a more smokey look with the goldish colour.

I then usually take the Collection 24hr extreme eyeliner pen as its small and mess free and I think lasts really long but also creates a perfect wing and makes application very quick. I don't take a eyeliner pencil as I never really use anything on my waterline but if you do like too take one I would recommend the Barry M Kohl Eyeliner.

To finish off my eye look I chose Benefit's Roller Lash in the travel size version as it gives a lovely curl that lasts and is also very build able and gives lashes that look really long. The travel size is also very handy as its smaller and compact.

I then take the Maybelline Brow Satin in Dark Brown for my eyebrows as it doesn't take as much room as a powder palette yet still has powder but also a pencil alternative. This is great for any eyebrow shape, size or colour and is very versatile

Moving onto lips I love a good variety of different shades and colour, I usually go for a pink, a red and a nude/nudey pink . For the red I went for the MAC Matte Lipstick in Relentless Red which is so versatile and build able going from a light red to a darker red with great staying power.  The pink I went for a hot pink that was the Rimmel Apocalips in Apocalyptic this again is long lasting but also has great colour pay off, this is a lip lacquer so is quite tricky to apply and not to good on the go or in a rush but love it. As my final lip product I chose to take a Rimmel Colour Rush which is an extremely light pink but I felt I would wear this more than if I took a nude with me I love this as it stains my lips and hardly ever need reapplying, it is also a balm type when applying so is very moisturising.

That everything in my makeup bag. Whats in yours?

♥︎

8 comments:

  1. I am in love with Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation! It's so gorgeous, and really adds a sparkle to my every day make up look :) x x x

    kassiella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post as per! Can never go anywhere without a MAC Lipstick! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Just got on the MAC bandwagon and I am loving it!

      Delete
  3. I'm not allowed foundation so the Garnier BB cream is a must for my makeup bag! What brushes do you take with you? x

    francescaroseblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Garnier BB Cream is something i just need to try, everyone says its so good. I am always late to the hypes aha! I usually take the Real Techniques Eye Brushes and for face brushes I take a mixture of face brushes from different brands :)

      Delete
  4. Great post!! <3 I LOVE the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. It's such a beautiful foundation, especially given the price tag! We have done a travel makeup bag post on our blog too, please check it out if you get the chance :) xoxo http://beautifulbedlamblog.com/?p=560

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good! Sure I would be happy to!

      Delete