Friday, 17 July 2015

Style Through The Ages With Kate Louise!

Recently I got in touch with Kate from www.katelouiseblogs.com as her blog is perfection and we decided to do a collab, we found we had so much in common including names, blogging and our love for fashion and beauty the only difference was we are two decades apart in age!
So we decided to take pictures of our makeup and outfits to see whether our style for a summer day varied.

On a summer day I don't like too much makeup so firstly applied the Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation which is really light on the skin but has amazing coverage for my typical teen blemish prone skin, I then dusted a small amount of my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte Powder over the top as my face can get extremely oily throughout the day. I then finally applied a tiny amount of W7 blusher* which I absolutely love.

I then Used the Avon Eyeshadow Palette using a cream and a light brown in the crease before applying winged eyeliner using the Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner and then used the Seventeen Va Va Voom Mascara, both are waterproof meaning none of that dreaded black smudges running down my face.

I finished of the look by applying the MAC Girl About Town Lipstick which is the perfect pop off colour to brighten up my look and pick out the flowers in my dress.
As I was going for a barbecue this Summer day I went for a dress but I would also wear this if I was going on a walk or spending the day relaxing in the sun, the dress is from H&M (£12) then paired it with Primark Gladiator Sandals with Gold detail which were super cheap yet look more expensive, finishing off I wore  Newlook 'gold' Rings which were £3 for 6 and Rimmel Nail Polish in Funtime Fuchsia. As I later realised I forgot to put my bag in this photo #bloggerfail however if it was in the photo I used a small bag from River Island which I may feature in a future blogpost.

 Now onto Kate's Makeup, check out her post (here) to see what products she used. As you can tell her makeup is a lot more natural than mine with the use of a nude lipstick, I personally never wear nudes I just prefer colour however I  think it looks very pretty on Kate. The eye look is quite similar in the fact we both use brown tonne eyeshadow how ever my eyeliner is much more dramatic in the format of a wing. For face makeup we both added a slight amount of face forming including blush and highlight however Kate's is more a peachy tone and I use less highlight due to my oily skin.
Overall I think our makeup is similar in the products we used such as we both used lipstick, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara etc but the way in which we use them and the shades are different.
Firstly, I would like to say that Kate's fashion and style is so beautiful, every outfit she posts is so lovely. Again check out her post to see where she got her clothes from, however in comparison as you can tell our outfits are completely different, how ever I would also wear this. The simplistic pieces put together, and the floaty white top makes a perfect outfit for summer. The cut knees which are most certainly on trend I have personally never worn but is one thing I really want to get. I love the bag and may even make a purchase if its still available! The shoes again are a lovely brown something I would also go for in Summer.

Thank you to Kate for doing this wonderful collab with me.
Kate's Blogpost:

What's your go to summer outfit?

♥︎

10 comments:

  1. I love your post Katie! I got a bit philosophical and waffled on a bit in mine! I'm actually quite chuffed that you would wear my outfit. I came to the conclusion that I would need a longer hemline to wear your dress, although I do love it! X

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love yours too! Your outfit is lovely I dont know who wouldnt! X

      Delete
  2. Popping over from Kate´s blog as a fellow 36 year old, I wanted to tell you how much I like your makeup choices.
    Back when I was 16, I was definitely a lot less skilled when it came to winged liner and makeup in general.


    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks for coming over! The winged eyeliner has took a lot of practise though mark my word! Hope you enjoyed the post.

      Delete
  3. I adore the florals - you look gorgeous in all of these pictures.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive never seen an post like this before and I must say I really enjoyed reading it! Fabulous post as always xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look who's back!! Aha. Thank you Em! x

      Delete
  5. very nice post

    ReplyDelete