Monday, 27 July 2015

Nailbox* Unboxed

Nailbox is a subscription for a box with five items in including three to four polishes and one to two tools for £15 a month, they kindly sent me there June box and I was delighted with the contents and would have been very pleased if I had also paid £15 as the price bought on the highstreet would be over £45 making this an absolute bargain!

The box is release on the 21st of each month and they never give out the same product twice making sure you are always receiving different items. In June's box I received an Essie Polish in Roarrrrange (£8.43), Tanya Burr Polish in Mischief Managed (£4.95), Nails inc Gel Effect in Colville Mews (£15), Seche Vite Topcoat (£10) and Elegant Touch Cuticle Nipper(£13).

Essie is one of my favourite nail polish brands and this colour was amazing, as a colour I would never usually venture into this was a great experiment, but also perfect for summer. The application was easy due to the wide brush but did need two or maybe even three to get the colour in the bottle but dries very quickly and doesn't chip for around two days. As a fan of Essie beforehand I already had a bias opinion towards the brand however this polish did not disappoint.

First of all I would like to say I am a massive fan of Tanya Burr and had been looking to buy one of her polishes for quite a while after seeing good reviews so was very happy to find this. However once I had tried it I was very disappointed. The colour is the classic red and has easy application due to a good sized brush however the colour was vary sheer and needed at least three coats which dried fairly quickly however after an hour of being on I looked at my nails and it appeared to look like I had worn the nail varnish for at least three days, they were so chipped and patchy. I don't know if this was this specific bottle but the formulation of this is terrible however I am going to look into this as my experience is the polar opposite to others amazing reviews.

After two bright shades I was extremely happy to find a more neutral colour in my box of goodies and even more happy to find it was a polish by Nails inc. At £15 I would never have bought this as I much prefer an Essie or Barry M as I have always been sure they could be no better. And even though they don;t last any longer than the usual nail polish, the pigmentation, application and drying time is brilliant. I applied two coats and found that the colour was like that in the bottle and suited me very well. Although amazing quality I am still unsure if this is actually worth the RRP of £15.

The final nail polish was a Seche Vite Topcoat, a brand I had never heard of before but I wish I had as this topcoat gives the most lovely shine to my nail polish and also dries extremely fast which is great to use in a rush. I also found that if my coloured nail polish wasn't fully dry the topcoat led to it drying without smudging or smearing. This used with the nail polishes supplied worked extremely well, but I then used it with a Barry M Gel Polish that usually lasts two days leading to it lasting around four so this has got a huge thumbs up from me.

The final thing I found in my box was a Elegant Touch cuticle clipper, something I had never thought of buying before as I don't tend to look after my nails as much as I should. It still seems a bit pointless to me but didn't come in useful when those bits of skin pull at the side of your nails. 

Overall the products inside the box are well worth the subscription price of £15 and the quality and quantity of items is overall brilliant along with the fact that you never get the same product again. I really recommend you check out there website http://nailbox.co.uk/

♥︎




2 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a good box - is there an introductory offer Katie?

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Sadly I do not think there is, maybe take a look at the website as there are various packages with reduced prices :)

      Delete