Sunday, 26 July 2015

My Holiday Essentials

So me and Francesca who's blog is absolutely perf, decided we would do a holiday essentials post. As many people are setting off for a week in the sun we thought we would share what we had to take on holiday. 

My first essential is more for the run up to a holiday but it is an essential for my holiday as I never ever tan, so I like to use it to give me a subtle glow. although a tanner this is gradual so isn't too dark and I usually apply it every other day a week before going away too get a even subtle tan. This is also not too orangey and applies very nicely without the usual horrible smell of a normal tanning product.

Despite wanting a tan its also very important to me to use suncream, as I have quite sensitive skin many suncreams make me itch but this Soltan one works very well in protecting against UV and UVA rays. Suncream is definitely an essential and I would personally recommend using as much protection as possible where ever you are.

My next holiday essential is Sea Salt Spray, I especially love this one by Mark Hill but it has nearly ran out and I can't find a replacement *sobs* however I love this to add texture to either natural or curled hair and just gives a really nice look especially if you are holidaying by the sea as it achieves the current on trend messy style.
Setting spray is something I was only recently introduced to this when I kept moaning to my mom that my makeup never stayed on no matter how much powder I put on, so on a whim I ordered this one from Avon and never really used it too much until we hit summer, I have found one squirt of this in a heatwave is my make ups lifesaver and I very much recommend trying one. 

Finally a must have essential is sunglasses, finding a pair that actually suited me proved a chore for a very long time but recently I have found many sunglasses in this style and tortoise effect frame which compliments me very well. On a side note to sunglasses I recently found out that sunglasses should be UV protected, sounds obvious now i know but before buying any sunglasses make sure they have a little sticker on as eyes are one of the most delicate places and you want to keep those eyes safe!

Whats your Summer Essential?

♥︎

8 comments:

  1. Sham about British weather - we need more sun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Hate the rain at the moment. British sun never lasts. :(

      Delete
  2. I should invest in a setting spray, I might have a look at that Avon one, when the brochure next comes through my door x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have swore by it this summer! This one by Avon should get a lot more hype! x

      Delete
  3. I love the Dove gradual tan! Works so well, plus you can make it really subtle or build it up depending on what you like. And none of the mess of a full on fake tan! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good. I have got so many people hooked onto this! Hope you liked the post! x

      Delete