Tuesday, 16 June 2015

Beauty Find! Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

I'm Back! Finally all my exams are over and I can get back to blogging! So I will be uploading a lot more on here and Instagram starting from today.  I hope you enjoy these fortnightly reviews of things I discover posted every Tuesday along with my usual Sunday post, any tags on a Wednesday and then an OOTD every other Thursday. Hopefully it doesn't get too complicated but I am commited!

I am always on the search for a good lighter foundation with a medium coverage but I usually go for a matte finish due to my oily skin but due to summer I thought I would take a leap into the unknown of a dewy finish and I am loving it!


Shade: 100 Ivory
Rating: 3/5
RRP: £7.99

This Wake Me Up Foundation has a very dewy finish but doesn't look greasy. It claims to be skin brightening and illuminating which I think creates a healthy glow and especially around the eye area creates a more awakened look. The foundation also lasts all day but is a bit dark and has a tiny bit of an orangey side to it so is better for a more tanned skin. 

The coverage is quite light but more than what a BB Cream would give but I like to wear it on a good skin day as I find a lesser coverage prevents a future breakout. I also find this foundation is good to apply a little bit more under the eye to conceal darker circles or bags which I think is due to the illuminator in the formula and the anti-fatigue effect. The bottle is also quite small and lightweight so fits into my makeup bag very well. 

All in all I would say this would work best on all skin types in the summer months as a lesser coverage foundation but giving that healthy glow, skin sometimes loses if tired, stressed or ageing. I also think due to being liquid foundation it has a slightly moisturising affect on the skin.

♥︎


4 comments:

  1. I was going to pick this up today but instead got the match perfection
    Great review though ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is also great 👍🏻 glad you liked the post ☺️

      Delete
  2. I love this review and I love the name of this foundation too

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Glad you enjoyed it! The name fits it so well.

      Delete