Sunday, 15 February 2015

Flawless Pout

If you are anything like me when you go out you always want that 'flawless pout' so here are my favourite products and tips to achive a good look.

Preperation-

Exfoliate- I am useless at doing this I always forget or can just never be bothered as I haven't purchased a lip scrub I always make my own as I find mine works so well (comment below if you would like to see a DIY post) it gets rid of the dead skin and makes your lips alot softer and I find it really beneficial.

Moisturise- I love lip balm so much, I have so many of them its unreal but my favourites have to be Vaseline and Mint Carmex. I apply them every morning before doing my makeup, after I have used lip scrub and before bed and I just find it keeps my lips alot softer amd prevents them getting dry from cold weather, matte lipsticks and general wear and tear. I can also tell a big difference when i accidently forget to use it.

Application-

Choosing- Choosing a lipstick is my favourite part of doing my makeup resulting in my collection being huge but before picking a colour I always choose if I want matte or creamy as matte is drying but lasts a long time whilst creamy ones last less time but are more moisturising. I then pick a colour depending on my outfit but also the time of year so burgandys and dark reds in winter and pinks and orangey reds in summer.

Long Lasting- once you have your lilstick on you don't want to have to keep applying it over and over again so I always like to apply a coat of lipstick, blot it, put a dusting of translucent powder on top, apply another lipstick coat with a lip brush then apply Lipcote which seals in the colour and makes the product last longer on average this made my lipstick last about 7 hours.

Finishing off:

Highlight: Apply highlighter to your cupids bow to define your lips and make them stand out more when ghe light reflects off your face.

What are your tips for a flawless pout?
❤️

1 comment:

  1. My top tip is to brush the dead skin off your lips with a toothbrush.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete