Sunday, 8 February 2015

Disappointing Products

I always read into products a lot before going and purchasing an item but obviously we all have impulse buys and ones that just don't suit us so here are my Disappointing products.

* I am so sorry about the pictures the lighting is terrible at the minute as the weather is making everything gloomy including my pictures, I tried to brighten them the best as I could. Sorry again.* 

Maybelline Foundation
Maybelline Dream Nude Air Foam & Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

First I will talk about the Air Foam (left) this was an impulse buy £2 and a new release who could resist? Another bonus was I was after light coverage for the summer and a good colour match but after the hype of what a bargain it was and it was the perfect thing I was looking for I found it terrible, it doesn't last very long, the colour is extremely orangey, and when they say light coverage they mean light coverage their might as well not have been anything on my face. I really wouldn't recommend this whatsoever.
The second Maybelline Foundation is of a mousse texture to start with I really did like this, a lot of people recommended it and it was all going well but after a week of wearing it I realised again how orangey it was, I am not sure why it happened as it was the lightest shade but was still too dark and a bit orange. I am not even that fair in skin tone so I was very surprised. Again this doesn't last too long and gave me breakouts from the thickness and how high the coverage is.

MUA Luxe
Reckless- Lip Lacquer

When I bought this it was just out and I thought it looked so good and a dupe in colour range as the Rimmel Apocalips which are amazing! But I soon realised that it wore off from my inner lip leaving a line of colour around the outside which looked terrible and very embarrassing as I didn't have it with me to reapply, I also found it dried out my lips and peeled off a lot overall showing bad quality.

Soap and Glory Arch de Triumph
Brow Duo- Brow Pencil and Highlighter

The actual product is amazing, perfect shade, long lasting, highlighter is fab so Why was it disappointing? It won't sharpen! This is so annoying, I would use this everyday otherwise as I cannot fault it but no pencil sharpener I have found fits it and its so annoying, I really wish Soap and Glory would sort this out as I would even repurchase it is it was thinner and fitted in a regular pencil sharpener.

Garnier Ultimate Blends Dry Shampoo
Lemon and Green Tea

Please just never buy this its probably the worst dry shampoo I have ever tried. First of all it makes your hair look more greasy than it was in the first place, it made my scalp itch and the smell is horrid just no save your money. I was actually very hopeful for this product as other Garnier products have served me well and it is invisible which is always a bonus as no one wants un rubbed in dry shampoo, but I actually hated this.

Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Face Wash

I picked this up 2 for 1 with the face scrub, as the smell is gorgeous. The scrub was brilliant, it did not last very long but it was very good, this on the other hand is terrible it made me breakout loads and didn't make my face feel clean, I was also disappointed it did not lather up as I prefer washes to be foamy. This is one of those that I wouldn't recommend but also would as I am not sure if it was just a reaction.

Simple spot zapper


The last product that has disappointed me is the Simple Spot Zapper which I got a few months back, this disappointed me in the fact it didn't do anything, my breakouts were still there and it didn't really benefit me but a good thing was it did not induce anymore breakouts and I found if I put it where I did not have breakouts it stopped them arriving. Overall this was just a bit useless.

What products has disappointed you the most?

2 comments:

  1. I'm very disappointed in my hand cream choice for #30DaysTested...

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear these products didnt do anything for you. Thanks for the heads up x

    ReplyDelete