Sunday, 4 January 2015

2014 Favourites

Another year over! I actually cant believe 2014 is over, but I have made my resolutions and I am actually going to stick to them but before that I a, going to reminisce (is that how you spell it?) over last year as I have picked out a few of my favourites... Some old and some new.

Soap & Glory is just a go to, favourite of all time but a recent discovery is this lipstick, it is actual perfection. It is one of the matte ones in Pom Pom the colour is great for the transition from winter to spring as it is dark but has a hint of pink in it. It lasts for such a long time, I don't think I can fault it.
My next favourite is this Clinique Mascara, I had this for chrostmas in a little gift set and I was too keen as it smudged in the corner and below my eyes if I used it for top and bottom but now I only use it on my lower lashes it is amazing, it has a small wand so it grabs all my lashes making them look better, despite this it would be alot better in waterproof as the length it added to my top lashes was unbelievable.

I couldnt do a years favourites without adding this one in to the mix Rimmel Stay Matte Powder has to be the most perfect all round great product, the colour (peach glow) is a perfect match, it keeps oilyness away and stays on all day. What more could you want? If you were planning on buying a new face powder this is the one you should get I swear by it and would recommend it way over any other.

Who would of thought Wilko's own makeup brushes would have made it in to the years favourites? Again I actually swear by these I love them, as you can tell an obvious dupe for real techniques, they look the same, they are just as soft and to tell the truth its overall hard to tell the difference. So for £2 they are amazing, as you are probably paying around £10 extra just for the bramd name the only downside is they dont have a wide selection but I would really recommend seeing if they ahve them at your local wilkos just to try.


Perfume, perfume, perfume I am probably the most picky person when it comes to a scent, not too strong, not to light, dont like this, dont like that so it is a very scarce occasion when I say a perfume is nice but these too are my go to ones. The ted Baker is more of a summer daytime scent as it is more flowery whilst Chanel Coco is more of an autumn winter or evening perfume as it is stronger. Both last a very long time but are from too very different price scales as the Ted Baker is just £2.50 whilst Chanel is around £60 but I love them both and can tell I will use them for years to come.

My skin is terrible at the minute but these have been my saviour, the Tea Tree Selection containing a scrub, wash, toner, gel and oil are all very useful and on terrible breakout days I literally smother my face in all of them and by the next morning you wouldnt even be able to tell I had any spots. I would really recommend getting the smaller sizes and seeing if they suit your skin as if not its a lot of money to waste.


Finally a fashion piece, at £8 from Primark it is lovely with short handles and a long handle, two zip pockets and an open clasp one in the middle it has enough room for all my crap I keep in it and I think It looks really nice with any outfit, evening or day, casual or fancy.

So they are my favourites, I hope you enjoyed this post and as always leave any suggestions in tne comments. 

Happy New Year!

❤️

4 comments:

  1. I need to try some of those wilkos brushes x
    Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just found your blog and I think it's really inspiring, it will be an honor for me if you can visit mine too, and if you want to follow, it will be a pleasure to follow you back! :) <3

    Fashion gets Fierce.

    ReplyDelete