Sunday, 7 December 2014

Top 5 Winter Eye Products


If you have read my blog for a while you have probably come to realise that doing my eyes is my favourite part of doing my makeup and can never have enough eyeshadows, eyeliners and mascaras. So as big dark dramatic eyes are big for winter I thought I would tell you my favourite products.

MUA Eyeshadow Palette- Undress Me Too
I mention this product quite a lot as first of all it is an amazing dupe for the naked palette but also the colours are literally perfection. I particularly like the greys for a day to day whilst the shimmers are great for a night out. On a side note the smokey eye brush is brilliant, it is a real techniques dupe and was just £2 from wilkos but looks and feels just the same, I was so happy with this bargain it was unreal :)

Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner*

I think this was in my favourites last month but I have still been loving it. Whilst it is hard to apply the effect afterwards is perfect it is also very long lasting which I love as it is probably the worst thing having to redo eyeliner especially if it is winged as it is hard enough to get them equal anyway. This a travel size and even though it is fantastic I am not sure if I will purchase a full size just because it takes a lot of time.

Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner
Soap & Glory Supercat has to be my favourite eyeliner pen of all time and I always use it when I can't be bothered to do gel or use the benefit one (above) This is super easy and always gives a nice effect, sometimes it can smudge but as long as your careful to not rub your eyes it is fine. I find this goes on easier if you have used a powder eyeshadow rather than a cream as it can slide off but I hardly use cream ones so it is fine for me.

Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara
This is probably one of the most loved drugstore mascaras in the blogging world and I have loved it ever since I bought one after Tanya Burr hyped about it and I loved her lashes. This particularly helps keep the curl after curling your lashes due to the spoon brush. Occasionally it can leave black marks under my eyes as it is not waterproof but other than that it adds an amazing amount of length and volume.

Collection Volumising Mascara
This is my favourite of favourite mascaras although it is not too great at adding length the volume it gives is amazing. I love this as it gives that dramatic look which is perfect with dark eyeshadow and black eyeliner. I really recommend this if you are after a cheap mascara but does a great job as it is only around £3.

So they are my favourite eye products, as they give me the perfect look that fits the winter trend. Comment below your favourite eye products as I am open to suggestions. I hope you are enjoying festive fridays and send me your christmassy pictures with the hashtag #katielousfestivefridays


2 comments:

  1. I really like Maybelline mascaras - I love the chocolates in the eye shadow palette too.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love this post, I am going to have to check out
    Those brushes x

    ReplyDelete