Friday, 5 December 2014

Festive Fridays: Deck the hauls

Its nearly christmas! Over the past few weeks me and my family have been buying lots of decorations and even a new tree. So I thought I would show you a few of my favourite things. In the past we had a silver, purple and white theme but it wasn't the typical festive so this time we thought we would go traditional with red, white, silver and a smidge of gold.
The first place I went to was Next I knew they had a lot of christmas decorations and as soon as I saw these I fell in love and at 50 items for £20 was amazing value this set consists of pine cones, baubles, felt hearts, bells and a star tree topper.
To match that set I bought 20 baubles to add other shades of red to the tree and as Next is very good quality I think these will last a long time. 
I then went to B&Q (top pic) and Hobby craft(bottom pic) and fell in love with these decoration. they match the traditional, homemade, nordic christmas look we were going for and at £1 or £2 each I think that is so cheap especially as a lot came with three or four for £1. I think these will look super cute on the tree and make me so excited to decorate.
I then went back to Next and bought some bunting which is so nice. The first one spells christmas and I was thinking of putting it spread across the fireplace whilst the second one are really cute wooden stars and hearts with tiny LEDs in which are battery powered, I think these will look so nice when watching a christmas film with no lights on except the fairy lights on each christmas decoration will be pretty.
This has to be one of my favourite house decorations, it is a little tree which I am going to put in the middle of the table again it is battery operated to light up little LEDs and it is sooo pretty its unreal and is so christmassy.

so they are a few of my favourite things I bought, show me pictures of your christmas decorations using the hashtag #katielousfestivefridays and I will be sure to check them out. Can you tell I am overly excited :D

5 comments:

  1. These are such cute decorations!

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tree looks perf with these on... If i do say so myself aha

      Delete
  2. These decorations are so cute! I especially love the ones from Hobby Craft, your house is for sure going to look traditionally festive this year! x

    clarkecouture,blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I hope it does. Glad you enjoyed the post.

      Delete