Thursday, 18 September 2014

Look Up

We walk around in a bubble, a social media bubble. It’s all we focus on. It has changed our perception of what’s real and what isn’t.

You can't walk down the road without seeing someone on their phone or with their headphones in blocking out the outside world, but think about what life would be like if you spoke to people in real life instead of using Twitter or Facebook all the time. They are supposed to make us more social but think about it… Out of all your followers on Twitter; How many of them do you know? But while you're speaking to these people that you will more than likely never meet or getting caught up in all the people who portray that perfect life you could see other people you may know forever.  As how many times have you sat in a room and not even spoke to the person sitting next to you as you are too busy tweeting. You are typing while listening, reading while talking and the harsh reality of it is that it’s true, but I am guilty of this like many I could be in a restaurant and me and all my friends could be Snapchatting to other friends despite being with each other or my Nan who has a lifelong friend, who she met at the bus stop when she was 20 to now when they have been friends for over 50 years. But, just think. If my Nan had the technology, we have now when she was younger she would never have spoken to her. They may never have known each other as she would never have looked up from her phone.

Although this may seem a bit hypocritical as I am currently here writing this blog. We all need to change. If my generation are getting unsociable think about life for your children or your grandchildren. Just look up from your phone and talk, other people may pleasantly surprise you.

4 comments:

  1. As I was on my way to work this morning, they said that 11% of drivers have had to swerve or break strongly to avoid someone in headphones/on their mobile phone. It can be serious.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so serious especially when driving i would never do that but I am guilty of constantly checking texts, emails e.t.c. when walking around.

      Delete
  2. I love the ' look up' video x
    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/my-top-5-lipbalms.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know when I found it, it really made me think about how much i use technology!

      Delete