Sunday, 24 August 2014

Waste less money... Waste less product


A few months ago I found out this little trick after realising I could never get the last bit of product out of the tube, then the other day I realised why not share my little secret so you can have a go and get the most out of your products.


Step one- Get your product, I used this John Frieda Shampoo but you could use moisturiser or face wash e.t.c anything in squeezey tube similar to the one showed.


Step two- Use a pair of scissors and cut all the way across at about halfway so you have a top half and a bottom half.


Step three- When you look inside you will see there is a decent amount of product left, I was very surprised when I first did this with a face scrub and I got another 8 uses out of it. If there is any product in the top half  scoop it out with clean hands or a spoon then drop it into bottom half. Then squeeze the bottom half at the top so it curves around a bit and then slot the top over it so the product does not dry out.


There it is! So quick and simple yet so useful, you then take the top off  and scoop out the product
you need then replace the lid.

I hope you enjoyed this post, if you have any tips or tricks on saving money when it comes to beauty then comment below as I am always on the lookout. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow this was so helpfull! I need to try it out

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is so helpful i was amazed at how much was left especially in some tubes!

      Delete
  2. This is genius! I keep on finding myself in that tricky situation where you're going out that day/night and need to wash your hair, only to find the bottle pretty much empty.. this will definitely come in handy for those times!! Thanks for sharing, Katie! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk
    - I follow back on Bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing tip, it also works really well with foundation, when i did it with this shampoo I got about 6 more uses!

      Delete
  3. This is such a simple idea - can't believe I never thought of it!

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete